Sunday, March 24, 2013

Boxie Bag

I wasn't sure how this one was going to turn out.  I found a free sewing patten for it posted to Pinterest  Since it was a free pattern, I decided to give it a try.

What I liked about it...

  • Really cute
  • Looks great, and shows no exposed seams except for some top stitching around the zipper area.
  • Pretty spacious
What I didn't like about it...
 The photos that were used to walk you through the steps were not very clear at times.  I found myself second guessing what I was supposed to be doing.
  • I think the pattern maker got the dimensions wrong of the end tabs.  I would probably have made them 2"x 3" instead of the recommended 1" x 3".
  • I couldn't find much of a reason to press the middle points of the interior and exterior fabric at the beginning of the tutorial, since you have to do it again later.
  • I used a featherweight interfacing.  I would use a little bit more heavy duty interfacing in the future.
If you'd like to try it yourself, you can download the "No Guts Boxie Pouch" at Craftsy.com by clicking here!

No comments:

Post a Comment